Indiana’s Identity Theft Victim Kit
This kit is designed to help victims through the process of clearing their name. The Identity Theft Contact Log allows for a record to be kept of all conversations with law enforcement and creditors. Note the time spent and any expenses incurred, since restitution may be available through a later judgement or conviction. Confirm conversations in writing with correspondence sent by certified mail, return receipt requested.
It is important to act quickly once it is known that personal information has been stolen or been used by someone else.
For a copy of the kit, call 800-382-5516 or www.IndianaConsumer.com/ID Theft.
1. Indiana Do Not Call List, 1-888-834-9969, or www.IndianaConsumer. com.
2. National Do Not Call List, 1-888-382-1222 or www.DoNotCall.gov.
3. Consumer Complaint & Mediation Line, 1-800-382-5516.
4. Identity Theft/Scams & Fraud Prevention, 1-800-382-5516, or www.IndianaConsumer.com.
5. Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN, 1-877-GET.HOPE or 1-877-438-4673 or www.877gethope.org.
6. Indiana Unclaimed Property, 1-866.IN.CLAIM or 1-866-462-5246 or www.IndianaUnclaimed. com.
7. National Unclaimed Property Administrators, www.Unclaimed.org.
8. Patient Abuse & Neglect Hotline, 1-800-382-1039.