Flash fire injures two at Micropulse

Two people were reportedly injured after a flash fire at Micropulse Inc. in southern Whitley County Monday afternoon. The incident was originally dispatched as an explosion at the company, which manufactures medical implants and instruments for artificial hips, knees and other orthopedic parts. Fire officials said the fire was extinguished before trucks from Union and Jefferson townships arrived. The victims were transported via ambulance to a Fort Wayne hospital for burn treatment.

Investigators said a machine inside the building overheated, causing the fire.

Micropulse Inc. is located on S.R. 14 near C.R. 600E.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *