Lynn and DeMarise Martin

Lynn and DeMarise Martin

Dr. Lynn and DeMarise (Hand) Martin celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with family and friends at an open house hosted by their children. Lynn and DeMarise were married September 12, 1959, at St. Vincent Catholic Church by Father Fettig. Their parents were Gerry and Louise Martin and William and Marie Hand. Both were graduates of Huntertown High School where they were childhood sweethearts. Lynn received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Purdue University in 1964, the second graduating class of the new Veterinary Medicine program. He entered the army through the ROTC and was assigned as Post Veterinarian at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. He later became an associate at the South Bend Animal Clinic and the Dufour Veterinary Hospital in Elkhart. In June of 1969 he opened his own veterinary clinic, the Fort Wayne Pet Hospital, where he continues to practice today. DeMarise graduated from Warner’s Beauty College and was employed by Grandleader Department Store and Hunter’s Department Store. Later she assisted Lynn in his veterinary practice. Together they have been active with the St. Vincent Boy Scouts and the Perry Boosters 4-H Club with their children and grandchildren. Lynn designed and built many of the structures in the St. Vincent Haunted Forest and can still be found haunting the Wild Horse Saloon. Their children are Kathy (Bob) Payonk, Thomas (Melissa) Martin, and Marcus (Heather) Martin, all of Fort Wayne; and Johnathan (Kristie) Martin, Lafayette. Their grandchildren are Emily, Andrew and Aaron Payonk; Keighlea, Kyle and Kendra Martin; Allison and Samuel Martin; and Elliana, Trevor, Allyse and Grant Martin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *