KPC News Service
CHURUBUSCO — Churubusco’s girls basketball team honored its senior players at last week’s basketball game against Central Noble.
Those seniors are:
• Callie Lemper is the daughter of Phil and Tara Lemper. She has been a basketball player for four years, in track for three years and golf for one year. Lemper also participates in 4-H, FFA and National Honor Society. After high school, she plans to attend college and major in agribusiness management.
• Delaney Peters is the daughter of Daniel and Dawn Peters. She has been a football cheerleader for four years, basketball cheerleader for one year, basketball player for three years, tennis for three years and track for one year. Peters is also a member of National Honor Society. She plans to attend Purdue University and major in interior design.
• Isabelle Hille is the daughter of Angie and Doug Hille. She has played basketball four years, track two years and tennis two years. Hille has also been an NHS member for two years. After high school she plans to attend college to study art therapy and psychology and would like to continue playing basketball.
• Brein Gross is the daughter of Luke and Kelly Gross. She has been in basketball, track and New Era show choir for four years, cross country for two years and volleyball for one year. Gross has been on student council for four years and has served as secretary, and has two years as an NHS member, including serving as president this year. Gross hopes to attend Purdue University to major in health studies.
• Kaitlyn Johnson is the daughter of Tim and Janelle Johnson. She has played basketball and tennis for four years and has one year of golf. Johnson is also a 10-year 4-H member and four-year student council member, part of the H.A.N.D.S. Foundation for three years and two years with the National Honor Society. She plans to study dental hygiene.