Fire at Blue River Apartments

According to the Smith-Township Fire Chief, Roger Bennett, a lit candle was left unattended and the flame caused nearby magazines and paper to catch fire.

Bennett said that three sprinklers held the fire in the room but flooded the building. Tenants were evacuated and all but one were able to go with family. The Red Cross assisted as well.

It took 13 minutes to control the fire. No injuries were reported.

“It definitely shows the usefulness of a sprinkler system in a building,” said Bennett.

{loadposition relatedcategorynewslocal}

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *