HUNTERTOWN — In one of the more controversial stories of 2017, the Allen County Plan Commission gave the green light to a 301-lot housing development on the grounds of Willow Ridge Golf Course, despite opposition from town residents.
The land’s history of flooding prompted many residents to voice disapproval of the large amount of new homes planned. Whether its garnering praise from residents anticipating economic growth or opposition from those wanting Huntertown to stay the way it is, development will continue to take Huntertown by storm in 2018.
In October, the town released a document detailing several planned developments, including:
- Brownstone — 152 lots planned with development already underway
- Preserves of Carroll Creek West — 109 lots planned with new homes already going up
- Cottages of Verano — 23 lots planned, all of which have been permitted, with construction planned for 2018
- Communities of Willow Ridge — 301 lots with new homes planned for 2018
- The Quarry — 93 lots planned with new homes already being built
- Development interest — estimated interest east of State Road 3 and north of Hathaway Road with 600 lots planned