Dec. 31-Jan. 1
Churubusco’s American Legion will host a New Year’s meal on Dec. 31 starting at 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on New Year’s Day. Breakfast will be served, including eggs, bacon or sausage, fried potatoes, toast, biscuits and gravy, milk and/or juice for $8 per person. The American Legion is located at 115 S. Main St. in Churubusco.
Churubusco’s Library Board will meet at 6 p.m. at the library.
Churubusco United Methodist Church will host its 4th annual trivia night from 6-9 p.m. to raise money for the youth group’s mission trip. Teams of eight will compete in eight rounds of trivia. Cost is $10 per person. People may register as a team or individually. Contact Melissa at 715-6936 to register.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League.