• Churubusco Town Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. for its regular meeting.
• The annual meeting for the Whitley County Soil and Water Conservation District will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church in Columbia City. There will be a meal and a new supervisor will be elected. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from the SWCD office at 788 W. Connexion Way, Columbia City. Call 244-6266 for more information.
• Green Center United Methodist Church will host a chicken and noodle dinner from 4-7 p.m. at the church, located at 2861 S. C.R. 300E in Noble County, to benefit a local family. The meal includes chicken and homemade noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce, coleslaw, bread and butter and dessert. Carry-outs are available, and a free-will donation will also be received. Also for sale are noodles, angel food cakes and silent auction items.
• Churubusco’s VFW is hosting its first Spring Fling from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The open house is open to the public. Pork burgers and brats cost $3, or a meal with baked beans and applesauce is $5. Hot dogs are $1. Meals are dine in or carryout. For more information, like BuscoVFW on Facebook.
• Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church will host a chili supper, silent auction and bake sale from 4-7 p.m. The meal is a freewill donation and includes chili, hot dogs, corn muffins and dessert. All proceeds will go to the 2017 Relay For Life in Whitley County. The church is located at 13733 Wesley Chapel Road, Churubusco.
• West Point Trinity United Methodist Church will host an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 7:30-10:30 a.m. Carry-outs are available. The church is located at 4980 N. Etna Road, Columbia City.
March 7• A fundraiser for a missing local man, Marcus Wolfe, will be held at Dairy Queen in Columbia City from 4-8 p.m. Ten percent of sales at Dairy Queen will be donated to the “Help Find Marcus Wolfe” fund.
• The Woodlands Senior Center will host a free fashion show at the facility, located at 710 Opportunity Drive, Columbia City, at noon. The show will feature LuLaRoe clothing, Snappy Snaps Jewelry and shoes from Shoe Sensation. Reservations are required for the $3 Salisbury steak lunch.
• Passages Inc. will host its annual art exhibit and silent auction from 5-7 p.m. at the Eagle Glen Event Center in Columbia City. There will be a variety of work from the organization’s Creative Arts Program. The event is free and hors d’oeuvres will be served. Proceeds will support the art program and Passages’ artists.
• The Whitley County EXPO, hosted by the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Indian Springs Middle School. Last year, more than 2,500 people attended the event, which showcases local businesses.
• Passages Performing Arts Program will present “Spotlight Avenue: Dreams Aren’t Just for Sleeping,” at 7 p.m. at Peabody Public Library. Admission is free, but a free-will donation will be accepted. The group will perform again March 18 at 2 p.m. at the library.
Churubusco’s 24th annual Rotary Auction will be held at Churubusco High School’s cafeteria, with a buffet starting at 5:45 p.m. and the auction beginning at 6:30 p.m. Money raised goes toward scholarships for high school seniors, as well as community programs. Those with questions should call Chuck Jones at 609-1895.
• Registration for Churubusco Elementary School will be held May 24 and 25 at the school. Those wishing to register their child should call 693-2188 to schedule an appointment, and a registration packet will be mailed. Churubusco Elementary School accepts transfer students.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League