• Churubusco’s Town Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall for its regular meeting.
• Retreat — This spiritual retreat at Camp Lutherhaven will revitalize the body, soul and mind by exploring a biblical blueprint of work, rest and rhythm. The top social crisis today is overload and exhaustion. There is a better way. Costing $45, these retreats take place in the afternoon, provide ongoing resources and support and change people’s lives. For more information, call 239-1297 or visit RunHardRestWell.com.
• Churubusco’s Board of Zoning Appeals will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall for its regular meeting.
• Churubusco United Methodist Church’s nursery school will host a fish fry fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. or until gone, at the American Legion at 115 S. Main St in Churubusco. Money raised will go toward scholarship funding.
• The Tri-Lakes Lions Club will host a fish and tenderloin fry from 4-7 p.m. The meal includes an all-you-can-eat dinner, beverage and dessert. Carry-out dinners are also available. The cost is $9.50 for adults, $5 for children aged 6 to 12 and children 5 and under are free.
• The Whitley County Master Gardeners’ 4th annual symposium titled, “Thyme to Get Growing.” The event will be hosted at Indian Springs Middle School in Columbia City. The cost is $35 per person. Topics are: designing a garden area, what’s new in garden plants and scrubs, basic pruning and tools, winter sowing and weeds, seeds and bouquets.
• The Whitley County Family YMCA will host its “Tri at the Y” at 1 p.m. Participants can either choose sprint or distance. The cost is $20 for members and $40 for nonmembers. Call 244-9622 to register, or for more information.
• Smith-Green Community Schools’ Board of Trustees will meet for its regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the administration office.
• A fundraiser for Whitley County’s Humane Society will be held at Happy Valley Skating Rink on Old Trail Road in Columbia City. The cost is $6, with no charge for skate rental. Proceeds will go toward the humane shelter.
• A new Churubusco company, 46 Graphics, will host an open house from 1-4 p.m. at its location, 101 S. Main St. The company specializes in vehicle graphics, commercial signs, T-shirts and apparel, banners and yard signs, and canvases. Call 417-2131 for more information or visit 46graphics.com.
• Churubusco’s Lions Club will have its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Brevin’s Restaurant. For more information, call 489-2285.
• The Whitley County Expo, hosted by the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Indian Springs Middle School. Last year, more than 2,500 people attended the event, which showcases local businesses.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League