• The Churubusco Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly meeting for members at noon at the Masonic Lodge, at the corner of Home Avenue and Mulberry Street.
• Whitley County’s Chamber of Commerce will host its GROW Network meeting at Brevin’s Restaurant in Churubusco from 8-9 a.m.
• There will be a pop up market in downtown Columbia City from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Cabin Fever Pop Up Market Place will feature 50 pop up shops inside the downtown businesses, and Art in the Alley will be held at Grace Lutheran Church. There will also be special offers by downtown merchants.
• The Tri-Lakes Regional Sewer District will meet at 5 p.m. at the district office, 5240 N. Old 102, Columbia City.
• Churubusco’s Library Board will meet at 6 p.m. for its regular meeting.
• Churubusco’s Lions Club will meet at Brevin’s Restaurant in Churubusco. For more information, call 489-2285.
• Retreat — This spiritual retreat at Camp Lutherhaven will revitalize the body, soul and mind by exploring a biblical blueprint of work, rest and rhythm. The top social crisis today is overload and exhaustion. There is a better way. Costing $45, these retreats take place in the afternoon, provide ongoing resources and support and change people’s lives. For more information, call 239-1297 or visit RunHardRestWell.com.
• Churubusco United Methodist Church’s nursery school will host a fish fry fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. or until gone, at the American Legion at 115 S. Main St in Churubusco. Money raised will go toward scholarship funding.
• The Tri-Lakes Lions Club will host a fish and tenderloin fry from 4-7 p.m. The meal includes an all-you-can-eat dinner, beverage and dessert. Carry-out dinners are also available. The cost is $9.50 for adults, $5 for children aged 6 to 12 and children 5 and under are free.
• The Whitley County Master Gardeners’ 4th annual symposium titled, “Thyme to Get Growing.” The event will be hosted at Indian Springs Middle School in Columbia City. The cost is $35 per person. Topics are: designing a garden area, what’s new in garden plants and scrubs, basic pruning and tools, winter sowing and weeds, seeds and bouquets.
• A fundraiser for Whitley County’s Humane Society will be held at Happy Valley Skating Rink on Old Trail Road in Columbia City. The cost is $6, with no charge for skate rental. Proceeds will go toward the humane shelter.
• Churubusco’s Lions Club will have its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Brevin’s Restaurant. For more information, call 489-2285.
• The Whitley County Expo, hosted by the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Indian Springs Middle School. Last year, more than 2,500 people attended the event, which showcases local businesses.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League