A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be held from 1-6 p.m. at Churubusco United Methodist Church.
• The Churubusco VFW Auxiliary will host a Carhartt Cookout from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pork burgers will be served for $3, brats for $2 or a dinner for $5. The VFW Post 3846 is located on Main Street in Churubusco.
• Churubusco’s Masonic Lodge will host a Groundhog’s Day breakfast on Saturday from 7 to 11 a.m. at the Masonic Lodge on Home Avenue in Churubusco. The meal is a free-will donation.
• The Tri-Lakes Regional Sewer District will meet at 5 p.m. at the district office, 5240 N. Old 102, Columbia City.
• Retreat — This spiritual retreat at Camp Lutherhaven will revitalize the body, soul and mind by exploring a biblical blueprint of work, rest and rhythm. The top social crisis today is overload and exhaustion. There is a better way. Costing $45, these retreats take place in the afternoon, provide on-going resources and support and change people’s lives. For more information, call 239-1297 or visit RunHardRestWell.com.
• The Tri-Lakes Lions Club will host a fish and tenderloin fry from 4-7 p.m. The meal includes an all-you-can-eat dinner, beverage and dessert. Carry-out dinners are also available. The cost is $9.50 for adults, $5 for children aged 6 to 12 and children 5 and under are free.
• The Whitley County EXPO, hosted by the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Indian Springs Middle School. Last year, more than 2,500 people attended the event, which showcases local businesses.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League.