• Whitley County’s Amateur Radio Club will host its test session from 9-11 a.m. The session will be held at Peabody Public Library, Community Room A. For more information, contact Roger McEntarfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-9008. The library is located at 1160 E. S.R. 205, Columbia City.
• New Year’s Women’s Retreat — A women’s retreat will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Camp Lutherhaven, 1596 S. C.R. 150W, Albion. The $39 fee includes a day of rest and relaxation, powerful, faith-nurturing experiences and opportunities, peace and quiet, a guided winter hike (optional), along with two delicious meals. It’s a girl-friend getaway or mother/daughter memory-maker. For more information call 636-7101 or visit lutherhaven.org.
• Storyteller Sally Perkins will be at Peabody Public Library at 2 p.m. to talk about John Dillinger, the infamous outlaw from Indianapolis. The library is located at 1160 E. S.R. 205, Columbia City. Call 244-5541 for more information.
A blood drive for the American Red Cross will be held from 1-6 p.m. at Churubusco United Methodist Church.
The Churubusco VFW Auxiliary will host a Carhartt Cookout from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pork burgers will be served for $3, brats for $2 or a dinner for $5. The VFW Post 3846 is located on Main Street in Churubusco.
• The Tri-Lakes Regional Sewer District will meet at 5 p.m. at the district office, 5240 N. Old 102, Columbia City.
• Retreat — This spiritual retreat at Camp Lutherhaven will revitalize the body, soul and mind by exploring a biblical blueprint of work, rest and rhythm. The top social crisis today is overload and exhaustion. There is a better way. Costing $45, these retreats take place in the afternoon, provide on-going resources and support and change people’s lives. For more information call 239-1297 or visit RunHardRestWell.com.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League.