• Free Community Meal — A free meal for the community will be held from 4:30-5:45 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 605 E. Main St., Albion. The main dish will be chili. Carryouts are available. All are welcome.
• Churubusco United Methodist Church will host its 4th annual trivia night from 6-9 p.m. to raise money for the youth group’s mission trip. Teams of eight will compete in eight rounds of trivia. Cost is $10 per person. People may register as a team or individually. Contact Melissa at 715-6936 to register.
• The Whitley County Health Department will offer free HIV testing from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Results will be available within 20 minutes. The free, confidential testing is completed by oral swab, meaning no needles or blood work. The Health Department is located at the Whitley County Government Center, 220 W. Van Buren St., Suite 111, Columbia City. Call 248-3121 with questions.
• A community baby shower will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Peabody Public Library. Parents can bring along their babies born in 2016 to celebrate with games, gifts and light refreshments.
• Trivia Night — The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum is inviting people to show their grasp of trivia, fun facts and random knowledge to support the museum’s educational programming efforts. The entry fee for the event is $25 per person or $200 for a team. Teams may consist of no more than eight trivia masters, but can have fewer than eight members. Teams will be formed on the night of the event, as well. The winning team will receive $300 the night of the event. Doors for the event will open at 6:30 p.m., and rounds of trivia will begin at 7 p.m. For more information, people may call 925-1444 or send email to email@example.com.
• Whitley County’s Amateur Radio Club will host its test session from 9-11 a.m. The session will be held at Peabody Public Library, Community Room A. For more information, contact Roger McEntarfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-9008. The library is located at 1160 E. S.R. 205, Columbia City.
• New Year’s Women’s Retreat — A women’s retreat will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Camp Lutherhaven, 1596 S. C.R. 150W, Albion. The $39 fee includes a day of rest and relaxation, powerful, faith-nurturing experiences and opportunities, peace and quiet, a guided winter hike (optional), along with two delicious meals. It’s a girl-friend getaway or mother/daughter memory-maker. For more information call 636-7101 or visit lutherhaven.org.
• Storyteller Sally Perkins will be at Peabody Public Library at 2 p.m. to talk about John Dillinger, the infamous outlaw from Indianapolis. The library is located at 1160 E. S.R. 205, Columbia City. Call 244-5541 for more information.
• Retreat — This spiritual retreat at Camp Lutherhaven will revitalize sthe body, soul and mind by exploring a biblical blueprint of work, rest and rhythm. The top social crisis today is overload and exhaustion. There is a better way. Costing $45, these retreats take place in the afternoon, provide on-going resources and support and change people’s lives. For more information call 239-1297 or visit RunHardRestWell.com.
• The food pantry at Churubusco United Methodist Church is open Tuesday through Friday by appointment. Call 693-2154 to schedule or for assistance.
• Martha’s House is available for individuals in need of clothing (infant-adult), household items, toys and small furniture. Free of charge. Call Sugar Grove Church of God, 693-1718, to make an appointment.
• Food giveaway every Tuesday in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank from 2:30-4:30 p.m. at the Churubusco United Methodist Church, 750 N. Main St. Free fruits, vegetables, milk, bread and more.
• The St. John Bosco Catholic Church food pantry is open from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and serves Churubusco residents and those within an eight-mile radius.
• Aluminum can drive sponsored by the Churubusco Youth Football League.